Grain mill troubleshooting

So, it turns out that the millet wasn’t too small, it was too soft, wet, and/or oily.  After cleaning the mill plates, we tried grinding the new spelt and had the same problem.  It’s probably fresh enough that it still hasn’t quite dried thoroughly.  We then tried running some basmati rice through it, which is extremely dry and hard, and have had no problems.  We’re currently grinding some rice at the texture of medium-coarse cornmeal…I want to try making rice bread on the same principle as cornbread.  Or I can make some sort of congee-like object if that doesn’t work.  Yum.  I’ll dry out the spelt in the oven, and maybe the millet, and see how that works.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: